The Blackheath Revolt was founded in 2014 by a group of Radicals who between them have fifteen years experience of living in the area.
- Blackheath – not just the village, but the surrounding area including Lee, Shooters Hill and beyond
- Revolt – at least part of the reason for this blog’s existence is to act as a modest, somewhat disinterested, counterpoint to the cosy consensus that, as we see it (often after a few sherries), exists at present.
But in the main you should view this blog – and the associated Twitter – as being a Private Eye for the local area. We aim to offer a:
– random, but regular;
– relevant, but irreverent; and
– loquacious but not lengthy account of local life.
So, if you want to know which is the best pub in village (and beyond); if, like we Radicals, you think what the village really needs is a cheese shop and more bike racks; and if – like us – there are few things more amusing than a crying Frenchman*, then this is the blog for you.
* And in this respect we can take inspiration from local legend General Wolfe – of statue by Royal Observatory fame – and, more importantly, ‘Victor of Quebec’.